The Boroondara Family Network offers parenting support to mums with babies and young children in their home. We
are seeking generous and compassionate women, who find great satisfaction from helping
Mums through difficult times.
Our Home visiting Volunteers:
- Are parents and grandparents themselves who are familiar with the services available in the local area,
- Provide friendly support in assisting families with children 0-6 years of age,
- Visit on a regular basis and spend 2-3 hours each visit assisting you where required,
- Help you access other appropriate services in the community,
- Receive comprehensive training in working with families with young children,
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, and
- Have Working with Children and Police Checks.
Role of a Volunteer
- Visit mum 2-3 hours once a week,
- Be an extra pair of hands, for example holding baby or keeping toddler occupied,
- Provide companionship to mum. Someone to talk to, adult conversation,
- Provide practical advice especially to first time mums,
- Listening in an open non-judgemental way, and
- May even assist mum in getting out of the home for outings.
Requirements to be a Volunteer
- Parenting experience with young and infant children is a must,
- Participation in the Boroondara Family Network training programme,
- Consent to a Police Check,
- Consent to a Working with Children Check, and
- Provide two referees.
To enquire about becoming a Volunteer, please call Dianne, our President on 0407 882 866.
Copyright ©2023 The Boroondara Family Network |
Designed, built and supported by APMS